CONSEC in the Community
We created these workshops not to preach abstinence but to embrace the excitement of impending adulthood by encouraging safe, conscious and no nonsense night outs.
There is a recognised and growing need for providing a safe environment for young people in Brighton. Many organisations work to respond to incidents and improve awareness however they cannot cope with the scope of the problem. Consec in the community will support these organisations by equipping young people with the knowledge and skills needed to avoid dangerous situations and deal with incidents effectively and efficiently. Our workshops will cover:
• Developing intuition and recognising dangerous behaviours in others
• Beach safety, covering meaning of flags, hydration, sun protection (input from Council beach team)
• Conflict management & communication skills
• What to do in a terrorist attack (input from anti-terrorists squad)
• First aid
• Sexual consent
• Outline of all the organisations working hard behind the scenes to keep them safe and what that will feel like when on a night out so that standards of behaviour are being set.
• Signposting to organisations able to offer help & advice in the City. There will be workshops for both genders for people between 17 and 19 as well as first year university students.
We are working in partnership with a number of organisations, some providing space for a workshop, freebies for participants, events, marketing and on the ground support. If you would like to get involved in any capacity please get in touch. Collaboration is key to success and we are always eager to work with like minded people who want to make a difference to our communities future.
For more information or to register your interest please email: email@example.com